Saturday, January 14, 2017

1rst Post Assignment

I was assigned to write a sentence based of a Brachage-esque musical fantasia on film. Mainly, the combination of animation and music.

This is what I wrote:

"Sound vibrations show up as shapes. Has a very Brachage feel.
Colors have a faded quality. The use of [animated] circles (marbles?) to break up the shots of lines are interesting. The lines have a stringed instrument quality. Lots of red and green. I enjoyed the music but  felt no emotion during the viewing."

For class we had to basically mess around with an existing 16mm film using razors, sandpaper, and markers, scratching and defacing the emulsion layer. I hope to do more in the future, though I accidently spliced the movie with the old splicer the wrong way. I'll probably have to resplice the footage. It was great to see new images be placed in a 60 year old military-grade projector.  I think I'm gonna like this class.

- John

No comments:

Post a Comment