Sunday, February 19, 2017

16mm experience

What can I say?

I scratched, bleached, doodled with sharpies and animated over clearleader,  The scratching turned things a greenish color before turning the image on the recorded 16mm transparent. The bleaching removed elements of the film stock, and the doodling created a sort of primitive animation overlay over the image.

The clearleader animations were mostly a waste of time, as I did not use enough duplicate frames to create a discernable moving image (the individual frames were projected too fast)

Nevertheless, my 75 frame tornado animation turned out decent (I supplemented the rest of the frames with alternate animations) , and my partner's creature animation turned out very well.

The magazine transfer seemed to jam the projector somehow, but it could be the wrinkles on the stock.  Anyway, I hope to see the final project on video.

 PS. Clearleader is kind of a blank film reel without any image or negative on it, designed to assist in projecting of film. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_leader




No comments:

Post a Comment